Product Condition: New
4030 Intercoat Clear
A non-catalyzed, polyurethane, water-based clear for use as an inter-coat and mixing direct to colors for improved performance and coating integrity upon curing.
- Apply 4030 Intercoat Clear over Auto Air 4600 Series candy₂O and 4300 Series Metallic & Pearlized Colors to prevent tape marks. 4030 Intercoat works well as a protective coating over Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors.
- Use 4030 Intercoat over Auto Air candy₂O to prevent bleeding into top-coated colors.
- Mix 4030 Intercoat 10% per volume with Auto Air candy₂O. If a less viscous paint mixture is desired, reduce further with 4012 High Performance Reducer or 4020 Automotive Reducer.
- 4030 Intercoat’s polyurethane, water-soluble resin mixes well with all Auto Air Colors, Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors to create a more durable coating after air drying. When mixed direct with colors, 4030 acts like a viscous reducer which improves flow & sprayability as well as creating a more durable coating which is less susceptible to moisture and direct contact soon after drying.
- Compared with 4004, 4030 Intercoat dries to a more transparent, cleaner coating which is harder and more durable.
Not for use as a top-coat clear